REGISTRATION FOR FLAG FOOTBALL IS CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR SOCCER INFORMATION WHICH WILL BE POSTED HERE IN JULY!
It is almost time for FOOTBALL! We hope you're ready!
Upward FOOTBALL is for kids in grades 1 through 6. Children are divided into age-graded teams. Early registration is $90. Registration forms can be completed in the church office Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Uniforms are included in the registration fees.
You can complete the registration process all online with a bank or credit card. Follow this link, and you will be directed to our official online registration page. If you register online, you're all set until you attend one of our player evaluations.
Player evaluations are a critical part of the Upward experience. During evaluations, each child will be placed through a series of sport-specific challenges which will generate a score. That score will help our league directors create balanced teams. It is also the time that each player will try on a uniform to ensure proper sizing. All players must attend ONE of the following evaluations...
- 1st Evaluation Saturday, January 20, 10 AM - Noon OR
- 2nd Evaluation Saturday, January 27, 10 AM - Noon
These are drop-in events. Unless there is a crowd, evaluations should only take half an hour. All player evaluations will take place on the athletic field at Northside.
The Upward Season
- IMPORTANT CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS SEASONS!!! The first practices of the season will be on Saturday mornings, beginning February 10.
- After the time changes, practices will be on EITHER Tuesday or Thursday at 6:00 PM. Practice is always one hour.
- First games are on Saturday, March 3. There are 8 games during the Upward season. Games are always on Saturday morning unless make-up games are schedulded due to weather. We will do our best to makeup cancelled games, but the weather is beyond our control. Game times may vary from week to week depending on the number of teams/players. Games are always one hour.
- No additional equipment is necessary to play, although we highly recommend a pair of cleats. These can typically be purchased for less than $20 at local retailers. We offer a "cleat exchange" if your child has outgrown his or her cleats, you may donate them to the exchange. Feel free to see what we have in the exchange before purchasing cleats.
If you have any additional questions, please email us - firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the church office at 770-304-0508.