It is time for fútbol! We hope you’re ready!
Upward Soccer is kids K4 through 6th grade. Children are divided into age-graded teams. Early registration is $90 until August 6, 2021. Registration forms can be completed in the church office Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Uniforms are included in the registration fees.
You can complete the registration process all online with a bank or credit card. Follow this link, and you will be directed to our official online registration page. If you register online, you’re all set until you attend one of our player evaluations.
Player evaluations are a critical part of the Upward experience. During evaluations, each child will be placed through a series of sport-specific challenges which will generate a score. That score will help our league directors create balanced teams. It is also the time that each player will try on a uniform to ensure proper sizing. All players must attend ONE of the following evaluations…
- 1st evaluation; Saturday, August 7; 8:30 – 11:30
- 2nd evaluation; Saturday, August 14; 8:30 – 11:30
These are drop-in events. Unless there is a crowd, evaluations should only take half an hour. All player evaluations will take place on the athletic field at Northside.
The Upward Season
- The first practices of the season will be on Tuesday, August 24 or Thursday, August 26. Weekly practices will be on EITHER Tuesday or Thursday at 6:00 PM. Practice is always one hour.
- Team pictures will be Saturday, August 28.
- First games are on Saturday, September 11. There are 8 games during the Upward season. Games are always on Saturday morning unless make-up games are scheduled due to weather. We will do our best to make up canceled games, but the weather is beyond our control. Game times may vary from week to week depending on the number of teams/players. Games are always one hour.
- There are no games on Saturday, October 9. The final game and Awards Ceremony will be on Saturday, November 6.
- No additional equipment is necessary to play, although we highly recommend a pair of cleats. These can typically be purchased for less than $20 at local retailers. We offer a “cleat exchange” if your child has outgrown his or her cleats, you may donate them to the exchange. Feel free to see what we have in the exchange before purchasing cleats.
If you have any additional questions, please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the church office at 770-304-0508.